Monday 14 July 2014

FESTIVAL BANDS WITH HAPPY TUNES IN GENOA

I could kick myself for not realising earlier last week that there was an International Music Festival going on in Genoa! Shame, as I missed the party in Porto Antico, where the Copenhagen Showband from Denmark danced on the street ( http://www.ilsecoloxix.it/p/multimedia/genova/2014/07/12/ARbWr5AB-grande_genova_tutto.shtml?hpar=1.) Some lucky friends had also been on Piazza Matteotti on Saturday evening where several bands played happy dancing tunes until very late into the night.

Finally I managed to see some of the action yesterday at Palazzo Ducale - last day of the festival - where bands from Hungary, France, Switzerland, Germany, Czech Republic, Israel, Italy and Spain entertained an enthusiastic audience with everything from old classical numbers to jazzy pieces of contemporary film music.

Concert Band of Sarvar from Hungary 


The Junior Orchestr Plzen from Czech Republic has won several band competitions and it showed, they were a joy to listen to. 
This was the sixth time Filarmonica Sestrese www.imf.filarmonicasestrese.com has organised such a huge, international gathering for brass bands, marching bands and youth orchestras. The whole event was free to the general public, thanks to generous sponsorship from the public and private sector.

When one band finished, another one took the stage. Here are members of the German band Fanfarengarde getting ready to play.








6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your loving post!

    It is nice to browse the web and find surprises like this and discover that our work has been loved and appreciated so much!!!
    I will share this to the facebook page of Filarmonica Sestrese. Can I invite you to like us? ;-)

    Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Botty, I am delighted that you found this post!! I very much enjoyed the bands at Palazzo Ducale and next year I will make sure that I am there on day ONE and not on the last day... I will happily LIKE you on FB!

      Delete
    2. Ouch... Looks like I am a bit late, with this reply... Anyway... First of all, thank you for the like! :) Then, I am happy you liked the bands so much and, bearing this in mind, I wish we may have the honour and the pleasure to have you in the audience also of other coming events of ours! ;-)

      Delete
    3. Hi Botty - it is nice to hear from you again! Yes, I will definitely keep an eye for future events. Anything that makes Genoa a colorful, happening city gets my thumbs up!

      Delete